I'm a wife and mother living in Houston, TX. I have three children, Soli, Alex and Sara. I work full-time and my husband, Marty, stays at home with our children and goes to school at night. Please, don't ever call him "Mr. Mom".

Monday, April 02, 2007

Clautophobia

Perhaps it's because I've had the elevators stop on me twice now in the same number of months, but I'm worried I'm starting to get an elevator phobia. I tried looking it up the Greek term for it, but the only thing I've found is Clautophobia. Clautophobia, though, is actually the fear of enclosed spaces. I actually quite enjoy the comfort of being closed up in a shower, or a cardboard box*. My fear is actually more closely related to my fear of heights. I've always said, I'm not afraid of being up high above the ground, I'm afraid of the horrible falling-crashing-smooshing on the ground. I quite enjoyed being at the top of the St. Louis Arch. I really like looking out of my window  on the 19th floor at work, too.



I had a nightmare about elevators last night. In part of the dream my elevator dropped. In the other part, there was no roof and wood partitions keeps coming down**. I had to keep looking up to move out of the way or be smooshed.







*I used to like sitting in boxes when I was a kid, not sure why. Of course, so does my daughter... so maybe it's just a kid thing.

**I just realized, there must not have been any floor, either, otherwise where would they have gone? Of course, if there wasn't any floor, where would I have stood? This is why it was only a dream.





Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments:

Post a Comment